Friday, August 6, 2010

God Is Faithful

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.”

This verse is from Revelation 19. There are only 3 chapters left in the bible after this chapter. This refers to Christ’s return after the 7 year tribulation and it refers to Jesus as Faithful and True. His Name is The Word of God. He is crowned King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

What I love about this is that in the last book of the bible, after all is said and done, Jesus is called Faithful and True. He is Faithful! He is FAITHFUL! God cannot and will not let us down. His Word will always stand true. We can take Him at His Word! If He said it He is faithful to stand true to it!

Recently Genevaand I moved away from everything and everyone we’ve ever known. I had begun to feel a stirring in my spirit that God was about to do something different; that a change was coming. My band played a Sunday Night Soak worship and adoration service at The Way Family Church in Greeneville, TNon May 23rd. It was so amazing! The anointing was flowing and everything just felt right. The Lord laid it upon Pastor Ken’s heart to invite me to be The Way’s worship leader. That was the farthest thing from my mind. After all, I was comfortable where I was. I had been at my home church for 17 years and was on staff as worship leader. I guess I could say that my spirit was being pulled to Greeneville, but my flesh was just fine to be where I was! Ha! We began to pray and seek the Lord for His will. If He was leading us to Greeneville than there was NO way I would stay where I was, but if it wasn’t for me to go to Greeneville, than there was no way I could do it. We began to pray and seek the Father’s heart about it. Me and Geneva, pastor Ken, and our pastors all prayed. It was such a heavy burden on me. I would wake up praying about it and go to sleep praying about it. I was feeling in my spirit that it was the Father’s will, but I needed that confirmation! Just as Peter walked on water, it didn’t matter how impossible the move looked, if Jesus said, “Come,” I was going to step out of the boat on faith and we were moving! Well, we got our confirmation, because God is Faithful! He’ll never leave us hanging!

One thing that is promised to every believer is persecution, but God is Faithful! We go through trials, we go through sickness, we go through attacks of the enemy, we go through life, and God is proven to be Faithful EVERY time! What kind of God would He be if He weren’t Faithful!? I’m SO glad that our God, THE God, is Faithful and True! His Word NEVER fails!

I think about the children of Israelin the wilderness. Because of their unbelief God led them through the wilderness for 40 years. They had not doctors, no grocery stores, no clothing stores, no food, no nothing! All they had was God. If he didn’t feed them they wouldn’t be fed! If He didn’t cloth them they wouldn’t be clothed. He took them out there to where He was their only option; to where they had nowhere else to turn! They had to trust in Him! He fed them with manna and quail. He led them with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. He caused water to flow from a rock for crying out loud! He was their only source! Sometimes when things are just going anyway but right, we have to realize that it might just be God leading us into a wilderness to where we’ll learn to trust in Him. That’s where He shows His faithfulness. We can’t trust in our money, or our jobs, or our abilities. He is our supply! If we loose our job does that take God by surprise? If our child suddenly becomes deathly sick does that take God by surprise? We have to remember that He holds time in His hands! He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. He is where our trust should be. “Lord, I have no clue what You’re doing or where this is going, but I trust in You!”

Have you ever read in God’s Word where He wasn’t faithful? After leading Israelinto the wilderness did He not supply their every need? Was He not faithful to Daniel in the lion’s den? Was He not faithful to Paul? Was He not faithful to Peter? Was He not faithful to Lazarus?

He promised a seed unto Abraham. It took 25 years for a child to be born. He proved Faithful to Job after a year of the worst trial imaginable.

What about the case of Lazarus? The dude was dead! Dead for four days. Even when it seems He isn’t Faithful; even when it seems He isn’t True to His Word; even when it seems like He’s just too late, He is ALWAYS Faithful and always right on time. If all we had to trust in was our abilities and if all we had to lead us was our hearts and if all we had security in was this world we would be so miserable! Thank God for His faithfulness!

We’ve received the earnest of the promise! We’ve received the seal of the Spirit! Jesus WILL be Faithful to return to get us! After all, we’re the pearl of great price! He sold everything He had to buy this ‘field!’

In Romans 8:24and 25 Paul says,

“For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Christ will not leave us unredeemed! He will return for His church, because He isn’t slack concerning His promise! By faith we wait for the One who is Faithful and True!

“Father, I think You that You are Faithful! How great is Your Faithfulness! It is higher than the mountains! Thank You, Lord, for proving Yourself Faithful in our lives! I pray that we can all learn to trust in you. Where else could we go? Where else could we turn? If not for You we would be hopeless! You are our hope! Nothing else matters when we have You! You’ll take care of Your own! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you for being True to Your Word! In Jesus’ Name! Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment